This Easter Sunday weekend make sure you stay safe hunting for Easter eggs by bringing along this awesome and easy to make 10 rubber bands pencil shooter. You never know when an Easter bunny or a giant Peep might attack. I’ll show you how to make a single and a double shooter as well. Pow-pow!!
The DIY YouTube video is below. Make each rubber band bullet count!
According to pencils.com, the pencil came into popular use with a large graphite deposit found in 1564 in England. I have personally been using pencils since forever. And when it comes to computer or pencil, I prefer the good old-fashioned tool to write with. I’m very visual and I like to see projects that I can hold onto.
If you like clothespin DIYS, check out my rocking chair.
If you like pencils or just have 1 too many hanging around the house, check out these 5 cool pencil links:
- 12 DIY pencils that inspire Joy
- 6 Pencil DIY Projects To Upgrade Your School Supplies Game Just In Time For Classes To Start
- 16 Pencil Projects for Back-to-School7 Impressive Pencil Tricks You Can Try Right Now
- 7 Impressive Pencil Tricks You can try Right Now
- Pencil Making Tool
Single Rubber Band Shooter
You will need:
3 rubber bands
1. Secure clothespin towards the eraser end of the pencil using 2 rubber bands. When looping the rubber bands on, make sure to twist each time.
2. Open the mouth of the clothespin and secure 1 rubber band to the tip of the pencil.
Double Rubber Band Shooter
You will Need:
3 rubber bands
1. Use 2 rubber bands to secure 2 clothespins on the pencil. The clothespin should be opposite of each other on the pencil.
2. Attach rubber bands as bullet and shoot. Remember to shoot the rubber band that you loaded last first.
10 plus Bonus Rubber Band Shooter/ Gun
a bunch of pencils (29 plus 20)
a bunch of clothespin (10)
a bunch of rubber bands
1. Tie 27-29 pencils together using 2 rubber bands to secure.
2. Make 10 single shooters with 2 pencils as the base (versus 1 in the single shooter).
3. Use rubber bands to secure the single shooters onto the bunch of pencils. The rubber bands should be higher on the pencil bunch. The pencil bunch is designed to be held when shooting off the clothespin.
4. Load your rubber band bullets and have fun shooting.
*If you watch the video above, you’ll know that the bonus was an added clothespin which resulted in 11 total bullets!
Remember, play nice and don’t shoot people or real animals. Rubber bands hurt!
Don’t forget: follow me on YouTube, Facebook, tofugami.com, and more!
Fold. Life. Beautiful.