The other day I orchestrated a Pad Thai dish to go with the lumpia we had ordered for a family get-together. (It was good but I’ll share that recipe once I perfect it.) I had so much chicken left, I decided to use the leftovers for these chicken veggie burger patties. They came out moist and so delicious, I am never going to buy overly processed chicken burgers again!
Keto Chicken Veggie Burger Recipe
-3 chicken breasts
-1 to 2 celery stalks
-1/4 medium onion
-1/4 to 1/2 of a carrot
-5-7 cilantro pieces
-sprinkle of sea salt for taste
-2-5 dashes of Tapatio for heat
-butter or oil
*I used a food processor in this recipe. If you don’t have one you can buy ground chicken and mince the veggies using a knife.
1. In food processor ground chicken breasts. Set aside in large bowl.
2. Ground veggies in food processor. Add to chicken in bowl.
3. Add to bowl sea salt and Tapatio.
4. Hand mix all ingredients.
5. Heat pan on medium high heat. Add small slab of butter to oil pan.
6. Using hands, form chicken burger patties to desired size.
7. Cook patties on pan until 1 side fully cooked. Transfer chicken patties to a plate. Add another butter slab to pan. Flip patties and cook other side on pan.
I added a little salsa to my bunless chicken patties. The potatoes are not keto so if you’re on keto diet, substitute with a different veggie dish or a salad.
For different flavor profiles, you try different meats such as ground turkey or beef. You can also use different vegetables.